- personal data collected by the website;
- the use made of this data;
- access to this data;
- the rights held by users of the site;
Personal data are:
- processed lawfully and transparently;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and will not be further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes. In accordance with Article 89.1 of the GDPR, the storage and processing of such data for archiving purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes, is not considered incompatible with the original purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in the context of the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate, and if necessary kept up to date. All reasonable steps will be taken to correct data that is incorrect in relation to the purpose for which it is collected;
- kept in a form allowing the identification of data subjects for a sufficient period of time for their processing;
- processed in a manner that ensures the security of such data, including with regard to unauthorised or unlawful processing, loss or destruction of such data, whether accidental or intentional.
The processing of collected personal data is lawful only if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- the data subject has consented to the processing of the personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the data subject;
- the processing is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which the controller, Global Perception, is subject;
- the processing is necessary to safeguard the vital interests of any natural person;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a mission carried out in the public interest entrusted to Global Perception;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, unless the interests, freedoms or fundamental rights of the data subject prevail.
Personal data collected
When browsing the website, various personal data about users are collected and processed by Global Perception.
This data mainly includes: your first and last name, e-mail address, records of your connections, your nationality when certain specific regulations require it and the information you choose to provide to us by contacting us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine the information collected, including information about the organization you work for, with other information either in our possession or that you provide to us.
The personal data that Global Perception absolutely needs for the purposes described below are indicated by an asterisk on the various pages of the website. Without this mandatory data, Global Perception will not be able to respond to your requests and/or provide you with the requested services. Other personal data are purely optional and are intended to get to know you better and ultimately offer you better communications and services.
Processing of personal data
We collect and process your personal data with your consent and/or to the extent necessary to perform a contract (e.g. to fulfil an order for services you have placed), comply with our legal obligations or meet our legitimate interests (in particular for marketing purposes, to prevent fraud or to protect the security of our IT systems).
We use and process personal data about you for the purposes described below:
- respond to your questions, complaints, or requests for documents about our expertise, strategy and values;
- collect statistics and perform analysis;
- prevent fraud and ensure compliance;
- provide communications (e.g., newsletter) and personalize visits to the site;
- manage and improve our website and provide you with technical support.
We undertake not to process your personal data in a way that would oppose the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently authorized by you or not to collect personal data that is not mandatory for the aforementioned purposes. We will ask for your separate consent for any new processing purpose. To the extent necessary, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is reliable for its intended use and that it is accurate, complete and up to date. We also undertake to collect only those categories of personal data that are strictly required for the purposes indicated above.
Sharing of personal data collected
Your personal data is processed by Global Perception. They are not transferred to or made accessible by third parties, except for the following persons:
- Our service providers (e.g., hosting and maintenance providers or advertising partners);
- In the event of a change of control, if we sell or otherwise dispose of all or a portion of Global Perception or our assets to another company (e.g., as part of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation) and;
- To third parties when such disclosure is required by a legal or regulatory provision or by a court decision, or when such disclosure is necessary to ensure the protection and defence of rights or to avoid possible damage.
Storage and protection of personal data
Global Perception or its service providers may transfer information we collect about you to another country. If you live in the European Union, please note that we may transfer your personal data to a country where the same data protection laws do not prevail as those in your country. Any transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area will only take place if appropriate safeguards are in place, such as standard contractual clauses and other contractual safeguards. Please contact us if you would like to receive a copy of the safeguards in place to secure data transfers outside the European Economic Area.
We use reasonable and appropriate information security measures to keep information collected through the Services secure and to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. In particular, we apply the following security measures:
- pseudonymisation of certain categories of your personal data;
- encryption of personal data concerning you in transit and storage;
- regular vulnerability scans and penetration testing;
- organizational measures (access control, access restriction);
- Conducting regular data protection impact assessments and privacy audits.
Retention of personal data
Personal data that is used to send you information regarding Global Perception offers, news and events is retained for a period of three (3) years from your last interaction with Global Perception. Your Personal Data will be destroyed within a maximum period of 30 days from any request to unsubscribe from you.
The personal data that are collected and processed under the “Contact us” section and/or a similar section are only stored for the duration of the processing of your request. They are then deleted.
Finally, connection records that are collected with your prior consent, through cookies, trackers and other similar tracking techniques that are implemented by our website, are kept in compliance with applicable laws and regulations for a period not exceeding thirteen (13) months.
In accordance with Chapter 3, Art 12-23 of the GDPR, users of the Website have the following rights with regard to their personal data, unless Global Perception can invoke a compelling legitimate reason to retain your personal data:
- access rights;
- rectification rights;
- deletion rights;
- restrict processing rights;
- data portability rights;
- objection rights.
You can ask us at any time to stop sending you information about our offers, news and events by using the unsubscribe link in every email we send you.
You can also ask us for specific instructions regarding your personal data after your death.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority about any of our activities that you believe violates the GDPR.
You can exercise your rights using your account settings or simply write to us at the following address: email@example.com. Please keep in mind that if we believe that your request is vague, we may discuss with you to better understand the reason for your request and ask you to prove your identity (for example, by asking you to produce identification). We must ensure that your request does not infringe any third-party rights.
Last updated: November 2022